[Discuss-gnuradio] High packet error and reception problems with XCVR 24

From: udadidd
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] High packet error and reception problems with XCVR 2450
Date: Tue, 16 Jun 2009 07:31:46 -0700 (PDT)

Hi
We bought 2 USRP boards very recently and it doesn't seem to work. We have
daughter boards XCVR 2450 and vertical antennas (Black colored) VERT2450. We
also have TVRX daughter board which works properly.

We had been trying usrp_siggen.py, usrp_oscope.py on each of these. Also
digital/benchmark_tx.py and benchmark_rx.py on both of these.

1) usrp_oscope.py doesn't give me a proper sine wave at all!

2) usrp_siggen.py or even usrp_fft.py doesnt seem to give me satisfactory
results. (I am comparing the results according to the screen shots i saw in
the web page http://staff.washington.edu/jon/gr-osx/gr-osx-usrp.html#using)

3) benchmark_tx/rx do not receive any packets though i give a transmit
amplitude of 30000 and rx-gain of 75. The transmission seems to be sending
666 packets where as i receive only total of around 60 packets on the
receiver end with ok=FALSE Always!! I get a 100% error rate.

Do you think there are any problems with the daughterboards? or the
combination of daughter board with the antennas? Kindly let me know how do i
check the functioning of the daughter boards and/or the antennas!

Kindly help
Udaya