Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] VRT Implementation

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] VRT Implementation
Date: Mon, 22 Jun 2009 12:31:11 -0700

On Mon, Jun 22, 2009 at 12:54:51PM -0400, devin kelly wrote:
> Hello,
>
> Has the usage of the VRT standard been finalized yet?  If so, where can I
> find that information?
>
> For example, what header fields are actually being included?  The Stream ID
> field?  The class ID field?  What about the context stream?  What
> information will be available in the context fields of the packet?
>
> Thanks,
> Devin

Context packets are not spec'd yet, and though not final (but unlikely
to change), the IF-Data packet currently looks like this:

stream id        yes
class id         no
integer secs     yes
fractional secs  yes
trailer          yes

FWIW, we're writing our host code so it can deal with any valid VRT stream...

Eric