[Discuss-gnuradio] Error in running a custom block

From: Mark Porter
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Error in running a custom block
Date: Wed, 24 Jun 2009 12:10:29 -0400

Hi all,

I have compiled a custom block for GNURadio, and it is not running properly. My error message below seems to indicate a problem with swig or something similar.

self.usrp is the usrp source, self.minmax is the custom block
###
File "script.py", line 76, in <module>
  tb = my_top_block()
File "script.py", line 64, in __init__
  self.connect (self.usrp, self.minmax, self.nullsink)
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/top_block.py", line 99, in connect
  self._connect(points[i-1],points[i])
File "/usr/lib/python2.6/site-packages/gnuradio/gr/gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.py", line 1481, in connect
     return _gnuradio_swig_py_runtime.gr_top_block_sptr_connect(self,*args)
NotImplementedError: Wrong number of arguments for overloaded function 'gr_top_block_sptr_connect'.
     Possible C/C++ prototypes are:
         connect(boost::shared_ptr< gr_top_block > *, gr_basic_block_sptr)
         connect(boost::shared_ptr< gr_top_block > *, gr_basic_block_sptr,int,gr_basic_block_sptr,int)

swig/python detected a memory leak of type 'gr_basic_block_sptr *', no destructor found.
###

Here's the kicker. The script works with a block compiled for an x86 PC. However the above error occurs with a block compiled for an ARM platform using openembedded and bitbake. It seems to compile just fine and I have put all the necessary files in the /usr/include and /usr/lib on the platform. I am looking at any input from this list as to where the problem might be...

Thanks

--
Mark