Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Changing frequency dynamically in benchmark_rx.p

From: ali siddiqi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Changing frequency dynamically in benchmark_rx.py
Date: Fri, 26 Jun 2009 16:24:32 +0600

Yes.

In rx_path you will see the demod path. If you follow this down far enough, you'll come to the simple framer block. This pulls in bits and correlates it against the known access code. If the correlation hits, it then goes through and packs together the frame. When the frame is built (it knows this because it gets the frame's length after the access code), it sends it as a message to the callback function defined. The callback function is located in benchmark_rx.

Hope that gets you going.

Tom

I tried to locate the simple framer, but not able to find it. Greping for it takes me to the c code of gr_simple_framer but I am not able to make much sense of it. Can you please elaborate a bit more...? Where does the correlations takes place within the python code.

Regards,
Ali