Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2 fpga testbench

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2 fpga testbench
Date: Mon, 29 Jun 2009 22:40:52 -0700

Patrik Eliardsson wrote:
Hi everyone,

Since we try to improve the ddc performance, (see
http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/discuss-gnuradio/2009-06/msg00075.html)
I have to simulate my modifications to the FPGA.

Is there any testbenches for the complete system? I've found
single_u2_sim.v, but when I simulate this file the flash.rom file is
missing. Should this file contain the binary firmware that is loaded
during boot? Can anyone give me some hint how to simulate the entire
system, I'm using windows with ISE simulator?

single_u2_sim is the testbench for the complete system. The rom files are created by compiling the firmware. We use icarus verilog for simulation, and I haven't tried ise for simulation at all.

Matt