Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX-1800 Tranciever

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX-1800 Tranciever
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 11:38:53 -0500

>> I believe if you have two daughter cards it is possible to run the
>> benchmark_*x scripts on the same USRP but different daughtercards, but
>> I think you need to combine them into a single flow graph.  If I

> You can't run benchmark_tx and _rx using one USRP and two
> daughtercards.  The two sides of the USRP aren't fully independent.
>
> Eric

Even if you combine the code into a single flowgraph?  It's been a
very long time since I tried it, so maybe there are new firmware
changes I'm not aware of; but I know that I've gotten something like
the following working with the *_path files modified to use different
daughterboards and the passed usrp object:

class my_top_block(gr.top_block):
    def __init__(self, demodulator, rx_callback, options):
        gr.top_block.__init__(self)

       (SNIP: Set up the usrp here)

        self.rxpath = receive_path(self.usrp, demodulator,
rx_callback, options)
        self.connect(self.rxpath)

        self.txpath = transmit_path(self.usrp, demodulator, options)
        self.connect(self.txpath)