Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help getting a working install - OSX, from trunk

From: Michael Dickens
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Help getting a working install - OSX, from trunk
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2009 20:12:46 -0400

Hi Jonathan - Everything you posted looks OK to my reading -- in other words, it looks like configure and make worked as expected and without errors. It's normal to see some "Make[3]: Nothing to be done for 'all'" when using autotools -- those are not errors, just printouts telling you a status. You can read more about all that in the GNU Autotools manual either online or in PDF form.

If you run "make check" does that pass OK? If "make check" doesn't pass, you will see various errors printed -- as in the word "error" here and there.

I actually haven't tried the latest GNU Radio trunk recently, so I'm not 100% sure it's working on OSX right now -- we try to maintain functionality, but it does slip through our fingers every so often.

You didn't post the output of "sudo make install", except that you "get lots of similar errors". Could you similarly (as a URL to an rtf file) post the output of that command? Another helpful item would be the output of "env" in your shell. - MLD