[Discuss-gnuradio] Data from File on command.

From: Judah, Charles C CIV USAF AFMC 775 TS/ENV
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Data from File on command.
Date: Fri, 24 Jul 2009 15:37:16 -0700

The current implementation:

I am trying to send various commands to a UAV. The system uses a file source, packet encoder, dpsk modulator, throttle, multiply by constant, and USRP sink using RFX400 daughter boards.  The flow graph (connections) happen in the order stated.

If the flow graph is already running using Auto T/R so that when I finish sending a single command packet the USRP stops transmitting a carrier, how do I send more data over the same flow graph without restarting it? I have been searching for 3 days in an attempt to find a functional solution for this.

Basically what I need to happen is:

A.       Either I edit the file used in the file source and then “jump start” the flow graph to re-read the file source and repeat the operational data path without actually  stopping and restarting it.

B.      Send the data directly to the packet encoder inside the flow graph such that it follows the same operational path as the original file source data so that the result is the same and the data is packetized, modulated, and sent out through the USRP.