[Discuss-gnuradio] What impedance are the wires and antenna?

From: Jonathan Coveney
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] What impedance are the wires and antenna?
Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 15:37:02 -0400

Well, maybe that's the wrong way to phrase it. I need to make or buy an FM antenna (I realized I accidentally grabbed the VERT900 from my lab, and they don't have an FM antenna).

Some sites seem to imply that coax is usually 70 ohm, but it looks like here
http://wireandcable.thermaxcdt.com/item/high-performance-coaxial-cables/mil-c-17-coaxial-and-twinaxial-cables/m17-113-rg316-id-72-?&seo=110
That the Thermax RGS-316 may be 50 ohm? I just need to know so I don't ruin it...

I checked ettus labs and couldn't see an answer.