Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] VRT status

From: Eric Blossom
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] VRT status
Date: Fri, 4 Sep 2009 00:47:13 -0700

On Fri, Sep 04, 2009 at 08:12:55AM +0100, Jörg Lotze wrote:

> What's the status of the VRT work? Any rough ideas when it is going to
> be usable? Saw that some work in progress VRT code has been merged into
> the trunk recently.
>
> Jorg

I'm working on it over the next two weeks.  On the host and firmware
sides, still left to do is an extensible control protocol for the VRT
devices.  On the host we still need to parse all the IF-context packets
similar to how the IF-data packets are handled.

Using a non-USRP2 prototype, we're sending good IF-Data packets at
120MB/s (30 MS/s 16-bit I & Q) and are expecting to be sending all the
relevant IF-Context packets in the next week or so.

As to when this will be back ported to the USRP2, I can't currently say.

Eric