[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 reverse polarity

From: David Stainton
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP1 reverse polarity
Date: Mon, 7 Sep 2009 12:49:52 -0700

Hi, I made the stupid mistake of plugging an external battery pack in
reverse polarity to my USRP1 (rev4.5).

The power fuse F501 has not blown.
However when the wallwart is plugged in the fan does not turn on.
So I measured the output of the voltage regulator (U502) and found it
outputting only .3 volts.
Not having disconnected the output leads from the rest of the USRP; it
isn't a very good test...
But I was hoping that perhaps that is the only damaged component - and
upon replacing it
my USRP will work again.

trunk/usrp-hw/usrp/usrp_mboard.bom :

LT1085CM-3.3    unknown LT1085  1       U502

however the chip on my usrp says:

LD1085-3.3
GK006 V6
CHN 819
ST

Anyone have any experience with this?
Are these chips the same or close enough?

~david