[Discuss-gnuradio] Daughterboards to benchmark tx and rx

From: Dinart Duarte Braga
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Daughterboards to benchmark tx and rx
Date: Sun, 13 Sep 2009 17:10:20 -0300

Hello,

I'm developing a software based on the code of benchmark_tx and benchmark_rx, one of the differences is that it will also work with other modulations, like dqpsk and d8psk.

The readme file of the benchmark program suggests the RFX daughterboards to establish a link between two USRP1's.

I don't have such boards yet but I do have the basic TX and RX boards (no antenna yet), couldn't I use them to run the benchmark?

What level of SNR the basic TX/RX boards can achieve if they are close(~2m) to each other?

Thanks in advance,
Dinart