Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The definition of gr_sincosf and doxygen related

From: Josef Vukovic
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] The definition of gr_sincosf and doxygen related question
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 23:55:47 +0200

On Mon, Sep 14, 2009 at 11:13:01AM -0700, Yuan Wang wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I can't find the definition of class gr_sincosf() used in
> gr_frequency_modulator_fc.cc in doxygen C++ API online.
>
> i.e. gr_sincosf (d_phase, &oq, &oi)
>
> Can anyone tell me how to find that?

Hello,

I found out the gr_sincosf function is declared in : gnuradio-core/src/lib/filter/gr_sincos.h and defined in gr_sincos.c. It is C therefore there isn't anything
found about it from doxygen. On the Gnurradio site it says: C++ API.

The default dir where gnuradio is installed is /usr/local/share you can change this
with configure. But if you don't have doxygen isntalled then no documentation would
be generated. You can check this in the config.log, when it say somewhere checking for doxygen reulst no, then no documentation will be generated.

Hm, the gr_sincosf function uses the standard C library function sincos which is in
math.h declared you must link with -lm to use it. To look at the source you have to
find out which libc library is installed on your system (mine is Glibc 2.9) and download the source for it. to find the version information you can write a testporgram with a macro something like __LIBC in it I think, or look in your lib dir.

This things can be found like eric mentioned with the tools find, grep and vi which I
used alternating during the search. When you have installed the library man pages
properly you can man sincosf for some explanatations.

Josef Vukovic