[Discuss-gnuradio] Cygwin problems continue

From: Robert and Millie
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Cygwin problems continue
Date: Mon, 14 Sep 2009 20:00:21 -0400

I have been trying to set up CGYWIN for a test lab and have run into the following problem.

I have installed GNUradio version 3.2 into Cygwin running Windows XP.  I used the tarball source for wxPython version 2.8.10.1.  I have unpacked the source and successfully compiled it, built and installed wxWidgets, built and installed wxPython and tested it successfully.

I did have to copy the python2.5/site-packages from /usr/lib/local to /usr/local/lib/python2.5/site-packages.  I then continued with the 3.2 install of GNUradio.  I had to get and install the 1.38 version of Boost.

I unpacked the the tarball for GNUradio 3.2 and ran the following commands in the /usr/src/gnuradio-3.2 directory to perform  an full installation of GNUradio:

./configure
make
make check
make install.

I received some warnings but no errors and the setup and install completed.

When I cd (changed) my working directory to gnuradio-examples/python/audio to run the test audio program is when I received the following error:

cd /gnuradio-examples/python/audio

python dial_tone.py
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "dial_tone.py", line 23, in <module>
    from gnuradio import gr
ImportError: No module named gnuradio

This is where I am stuck.  Any help would be gladly appreciated.

Robert Pegram