[Discuss-gnuradio] parallel programming with GNU radio (OpenMP vs MPI)

From: Tachwali, Yahia
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] parallel programming with GNU radio (OpenMP vs MPI)
Date: Tue, 15 Sep 2009 04:39:49 -0500

Hello Guys,

I was wondering if any efforts have been made to apply parallel programming
techniques in GNU radio projects. I have seen a project of building an OFDM
transceiver using a cluster and MPI technique. However, in case of using
laptops (where multicore shared memory architecture) instead of clusters, I
think that OpenMP might be more applicable for codes that will run on laptop
platforms. Any thoughts to share on this topic?

Kind regards,
Yahia Tachwali