Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] start_rx_streaming_at patch

From: Bruce McGuffin
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] start_rx_streaming_at patch
Date: Fri, 18 Sep 2009 09:48:13 -0400

Doug

And what is VRT code?

I googled VRT,  but the choices I got were:
  Vestibular Rehabilitation Therapy
  Vulnerability Research Team
  Vlaamse Radio- en Televisieomroep (my personal favorite)
or
  Video Round Table

Bruce

Douglas Geiger wrote:
Bruce,
 In the firmware directory the important files are the app_common_v2.c
and .h file, and txrx.c (serdes_txrx.c and a bunch of the others I
think are mainly for testing). It looks like the host code (i.e. the
patches to libusrp2) all applied successfully, which is good. I have
been using that code, so if you are able to manually apply the patch
(i.e. go in and figure out where the changes need to happen - there's
a couple added functions, and some changes made in the control loop of
app_common and txrx). My patch added code to serdes_txrx,
mimo_tx_slave, and factorytest only because I added a function
declaration in app_common_v2, and so I needed a NOP definition in
those .c files for the build to be successful.
 In this end this patch was just a hack to get the functionality I
needed until the switchover to the VRT code on the USRP2 - so yes, it
works (i.e. it will wait to start streaming rx samples back until the
fpga clock/counter reaches the specified number), but it's not meant
to be the long-term solution.
 Doug