Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] transceiver board oscillators, external clocks

From: Matt Ettus
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] transceiver board oscillators, external clocks
Date: Thu, 24 Sep 2009 12:45:05 -0700

Jordan J Riggs wrote:
Hi,

When the master clock on a USRP2 is locked to a reference (external source or another USRP2), are the oscillators on the RFX or XCVR boards locked as well? Or do they generate their own clock? I have an application that is very sensitive to clock mismatch (both sampling clock and up/downconversion clock) between transmitter and receiver, and I would like to synchronize the clocks on two USRP2s.

All the daughterboards (other than the TVRX) generate their LOs from the master oscillator, so everything is fully synchronous. You couldn't do MIMO if it wasn't

Matt