Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio companion

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] gnuradio companion
Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 08:56:21 -0700

The bbn can be but a mere block within the mighty GRC! ~Muhaha

Meaning...
There is no bbn stuff in currently in grc. You can always add blocks: http://gnuradio.org/trac/wiki/GNURadioCompanion#AddingCustomBlocks

How easy this is depends on how well the bbn code adheres to the block model... If it uses function callbacks to pass messages (like the blks2.packet mod) then we are probably out of luck.

Perhaps when we start using PMTs and someone adds PMT-based message passing into the bbn code, then it will be a more possible. But I am not familiar with the bbn code, so maybe it is possible now?

-josh

maher manai wrote:
i ask if it's possible to run bbn code on grc
specially the physical layer blocks