[Discuss-gnuradio] Diving into BBN802.11 code: compiling & working

From: Juan Ramón Gutiérrez Agulló
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Diving into BBN802.11 code: compiling & working
Date: Tue, 1 Dec 2009 17:06:46 +0100

Hi all

I'm a telecommunication engineering student from Elche, Spain
(www.umh.es) and this is my first time writing here. Nowadays I'm doing my final degree project related to GNU Radio & USRP2.
The goal of my project is develop an 802.11a (OFDM) transmitter and receiver.

The problem is that I don't know how to run code on USRP2. We've a good background on
Signal processing, wireless technology and C++ programming.

I'm a beginner student on GNU Radio, I've read some F.A.Qs on the website but I'm not
sure about how to work with it. Could I make you some easy questions?

  - Do you use any guide-interface linux-based to work with BBN 802.11 code? or are you
modifying the code from the console (with an editor like gedit)?
  - If I modify something on the C++ blocks, do you know how to compile the full code?
  - Do you recommend me anything before diving into the BBN code? (I've been looking the
BBN 802.11b code, and I identify all parts of the code: PHY & MAC but I don't know how is
the overall working).

System info:
GNU Radio version: 3.2.2 (last stable code)
OS: Ubuntu 9.04
USRP2
Daugtherboard XCVR2450

Thank you very much for your time,

Juan

Juan Ramón Gutiérrez Agulló

(address@hidden)
(address@hidden)

¡Nuevo Canal Mujer! Moda, belleza, sexo, dietas, embarazo. más fácil y a tu alcance. Si quieres estar a la última, no puedes perdértelo.