[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: alsa device numbering

From: Patrick Strasser
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: alsa device numbering
Date: Wed, 09 Dec 2009 13:51:34 +0100

dave k wrote am 2009-12-08 23:28:
hey folks im not too familar with the alsa device number scheme or where this info is stored. i think there is a /proc/ that will show me something like this but i cant find it

device 0,0 card a output a
device 0,1 card a input a

I'm missing a exact question, so I guess:

Q: Where do I find the device names that ALSA knows of?

A: Try 'aplay -l'. This should give you some things you can try out.
If your card is not supporting your desired smapling frequency and you were using hw:x.x, try hwplug:x.x instead.

Patrick
Patrick Strasser <patrick dot strasser at student dot tugraz dot at>
Student of Telemati_cs_, Techn. University Graz, Austria