Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] converting RFX1800 to RFX900 and back

From: Tim Pearce
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] converting RFX1800 to RFX900 and back
Date: Sat, 12 Dec 2009 00:40:51 +0000

Hi,

I havent used these boards so I havent looked at the RF components etc to answer your second question but my understanding of the burn-db-eeprom program is that it just updates the frequencies, gain etc that the daughterboard reports it can handle when the appropriate function is called.

There should be no problems with (forcing) any (i found at one for the rfx1800 and rfx900) eeprom data file onto any board. The program just rewrites the EEPROMS "flash drive" with the data in the file via an I2C bus.

Performance will be terrible (or gnuradio wont let you set appropriate values) if the eeprom isnt flashed correctly but theres no reason you can just re-flash the EEPROM.

Cheers,

Tim