Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency Hopping/ center frequency /time

From: Hanno
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Frequency Hopping/ center frequency /time
Date: Sun, 13 Dec 2009 23:45:53 +0100

Brian Padalino schrieb:
On Sun, Dec 13, 2009 at 4:05 PM, Hanno <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

what about calculating on the host? At the end I will have a signal at
~25Mhz (baseband) which will be converted up by the usrp.
Is this really possible? It seems to me that this will be to high for the pc
to calculate.

Am I right?

It all depends on the bandwidth of the signal in question.

Your first question made me think you had a smaller bandwidth signal
jumping around a 25MHz bandwidth somewhat quickly.  Since the USRP2
can handle 25MHz of bandwidth being sent to it, you can place your
smaller bandwidth signal anywhere within that 25MHz as calculated at
the host.

Does that make sense?

That's exactly the case this is all about ;)
It's a constant/sine which should hop within a band of 25Mhz.
So I will try to implement the hopping directly on the host without retuning.

Thx

Seems like I have to shift work to the fpga.

If you have a 25MHz bandwidth signal that you need to move around the
spectrum, then yes - you will have to shift inside the FPGA or look
into how quickly you can retune the front end.

I hope this is a bit more clear.

Brian