[Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2::tx_16sc calling rate

From: Gaetano Mendola
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] usrp2::tx_16sc calling rate
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 2009 01:01:22 +0100

Hi all,
I think I'm experiencing some buffer underrun using an instance of
usrp2, to transmit my
samples I'm using the method usrp2::tx_16sc.

I have the usrp2 equipped with a rfx400 and using as interpolation a value of 8.

I found out that 192 calls to usrp2::tx_16sc last 0.56 seconds passing
to it a total of 7104000
complex. At my rate 7104000 complex are transmitted in air in a bit
less than 0.56 seconds
and it seems I'm very tight in the time I can loose between two
usrp2::tx_16sc calls.

My questions are:
.) How do I check if I had a real underrun?
.) How much time I can loose roughly between two calls to not incur in
underruns?
.) Is there a way to make the tx_16sc async ?

Sorry for those questions, I'm still new to gnuradio api.

--
cpp-today.blogspot.com