[Discuss-gnuradio] About the MIMO tx/rx,

From: Sungro Yoon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] About the MIMO tx/rx,
Date: Mon, 28 Dec 2009 14:35:02 -0500

Hello all,

I am new to gnu radio and have a question regarding MIMO tx/rx. Though I've read many posts here and also read through m-block/inband code, I still don't have any idea on how to transmit two different streams via different daughter boards simultaneously (e.g., spatial multiplexing).

As far as I understand, the code basically works as follows.

1. Set the daughter board for tx using MUX (A or B or both A and B)
2. Schedule the packet transmission

Doing like this will cause every packet transmitted via same daughter board. However, I would like to specify a daughter board for each of the packets in order to implement spatial multiplexing of MIMO.. That is, I want packet X/Y to be transmitted via daughter board A/B at the same time, respectively. If you have any idea or some piece of code or links to the examples, please let me know. It will greatly help!

Many thanks in advance,

Sungro