Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] block for continuous production of samples

From: Daniele Bertussi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] block for continuous production of samples
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 2010 09:20:53 +0100

Citando Daniele Bertussi <address@hidden>:

Good morning,
I need to implement a double 802.15.4-802.11b transmitter that transmits
packets in asynchronous (or aperiodical) mode.
I realized a simple program where the output of the two trasmitters are added
together to generate the output stream.
Unfortunately,  when one of the two transmitters ends to generate a packet,
also the other one stops. It happens ( i think! ) because there are no samples
for the adder to combine with and the forecast() method stops the execution.
By the way, I found online a similar discussion:
In order to have a countinuos output stream even when the two transmitters are
inactive, could I implement a gnuradio c++ block with the following
characteristics?
-performs a continuous production of null samples (when there are no input to
the block)
-lets the samples unchanged if there are samples at his input.

Thanks a lot,
Bertussi Daniele - University of Brescia, Italy

Good morning,  does anyone have an idea?

Informativa sulla privacy: http://help.ing.unibs.it/privacy.php