Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio for TE320 Series Xilinx

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio for TE320 Series Xilinx
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 2010 07:44:10 -0800

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 17:20, Makmur Hidayat <address@hidden> wrote:

> Dear Johnathan,
>
> Thank you for your information.
> I inform you that now. I have already installed GNU Radio on ubuntu linux
> (Jaunthy) and I can run example successfully. I want to process signal from
> the DSP connected to a computer
>
> Because I am new in C++, therefore to learn GNU Radio C++ API, therefore do
> I have to learn C++ first? What is the best way to learn GNU Radio C++ API?

Yes.  You will need to learn the GNU Radio architecture, then write a
custom C++ source block that knows how to read samples from your TE320
board.  Yes, you will need to know C++.

I suggest you start using GRC as a way of learning the GNU Radio
flowgraph architecture, and then study the 'gr-howto-write-a-block'
component to understand the mechanics of how custom C++ blocks are
written.

Johnathan