Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BPSK to QPSK

From: Jason Uher
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] BPSK to QPSK
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 2010 09:51:00 -0600

> Hum... I'm glad to hear that, although I thought that the pi- phase
> ambiguity of Costas- loops made them unsuitable for QPSK-
> constellations... But I guess there is something I'm missing in the code
> then?

You aren't missing anything, you just need to account for the possible
rotation.

The easy way to do this is with differential decoding, because the
instantaneous phase is irrelevant.

The harder-but-still-easy was is to transmit some know sequence at the
beginning to determine the phase offset and adjust your decoding
accordingly.

Jason

Jason