Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] rx_timed_samples.cc doesn't stop streaming of sam

From: ValentinG
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] rx_timed_samples.cc doesn't stop streaming of samples
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 2010 05:39:40 -0800 (PST)

Thanks a lot Josh! Adding return not done() instead of return true did work.
I'm running Ubuntu in virtualbox, hence the lack of resources.

Couple more questions if you don't mind:
1) Where does the number of items per packet (which is 365 in my case) comes
from? Or is it the format USRP2 always uses to send the data to the host?

2) After specifying -N as 1000 I got the following output:

Got packet: 1267693414 secs, 35564266 ticks
Got packet: 1267693414 secs, 35570106 ticks
Got packet: 1267693414 secs, 35575946 ticks

So the number of ticks between the packets is 5840, dividing by 365 we get
16-the number of ticks per sample, and the decimation is 16 which is
consistent. My question is: if I want to extract the timestamps for each
sample individually I would need to take the timestamp of the packet and
subtract the required number of 16*N (e.g. for the sample number 300 in the
first packet the timestamp is 35564266-65*16=35563226) or is there a
different way the get hold of timestamps for individual samples?

Thank you very much for your help.
Valentin