Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Enabling the cognitive radio with GNU Radio+USRP

From: Jakub Moskal
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Enabling the cognitive radio with GNU Radio+USRP
Date: Sat, 6 Mar 2010 23:23:53 -0500

Michael,

Thank you for the response. What I am doing right now is forwarding
the packets from the tunnel.py to a JMS (Java Message Service) server
using the STOMP (http://stomp.codehaus.org/) protocol, available for
python. JMS server is pushing packets from its clients to the
tunnel.py. What JMS gives me is the asynchronous message-based
communication and reliability. The JMS server can talk to clients
written in a variety of languages (Java, C, C++, C#, Ruby, Perl,
Python, PHP). At this point the only issue is that I forward packets
from the PHY/MAC layer almost directly to the application layer.. I
guess using the TUN/TAP would forward packets through the kernel's
network stack and provide implementation of the higher levels of the
OSI model, so I wouldn't have to worry about things like lost packets
and segmentation..

Jakub