Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX2400 intermediate frequency

From: adib_sairi
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] RFX2400 intermediate frequency
Date: Sat, 5 Jun 2010 08:08:15 -0700 (PDT)

Eric Blossom wrote:

> The IF == 0 Hz.  The RFX boards produce quadrature analog which is
> then digitized using two ADC's, one for I and one for Q.
>
> Eric

thanks for the fast response Eric =) but in the documentation by firas abbas
in page 9 (http://rapidshare.com/files/121692530/USRP_Documentation.pdf), it
said that the DDC is downconverting the signal from IF to baseband. so when
the signal digitize by the ADC, it is still in IF right? its mean the
daughterboard is responsible to downconvert the on air received signal to
the IF signal. the ADC will sampled the IF signal and pass it to the DDC
then the DDC will downconvert the IF to the baseband plus slowing it down so
that it can be transferred trough the USB 2.0 bus.. am i right? plus what
about the diagram that i give just now
(http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/UsrpRfxDiagrams) in the diagram
it show that ADC is sampling a signal which is filtered by a 20MHz low pass.
so the IF signal is still at 20MHz right? please correct me if i am wrong..
thank you very much for the help =)

-----
Mohd Adib Sarijari
Universiti Teknologi Malaysia