Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] what are taps ? how to set number of taps in filt

From: Martin Braun
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] what are taps ? how to set number of taps in filter ?
Date: Mon, 14 Jun 2010 10:11:09 +0200

On Mon, Jun 14, 2010 at 12:26:30AM -0700, grc007 wrote:
> Dear users,
> Can anyone explain me what taps (in filter) means ? Any examples should be
> great
> Particularly in GRC which number should I give taps in filter bank, FFT
> filter, filter delay,.... ?
> Thanks a lot.

Hello anonymous user,

the question you pose is very basic in nature; it suggests you don't
know lots about digital signal processing. While I would not want to
declare this a character flaw, DSP is pretty much what GNU Radio does.
So if you don't know how digital filters work, it might be a better idea
to have another look at some textbooks on the topic than to start
programming away with GNU Radio.

Perhaps this may help:
http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/gnuradio/SuggestedReading

Good luck,