Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFMD TX and RX

From: Fisheep
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] OFMD TX and RX
Date: Tue, 15 Jun 2010 01:06:11 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

I'm not sure why you can't receive all the packet correctly, but I can
briefly tell you how ofdm implement in GNU Radio.

First, fft_length=512 means it will take 512 subcarriers to do ifft/fft, and
occupied_tones=200 means it only take 200 subcarriers to put your modulation
symbol. Besides, the 200 subcarriers are set at the center of 512
subcarriers. Then you will see there are the remaining 312(512-200)
subcarriers which is zero outside the occupied_tones.

likes this:

xxxxxOOOOOOxxOOOOOOxxxxx

O => occupied_tones
x => remaining subcarriers
the two x at the center is to avoid DC offset.
After ifft, the CP is added.

OFDM is sensitive to the bitrate(interpolate/decimate), so set the bitrate
carefully.

Hope this will help you little.

Fisheep.