Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Analog Devices RF RX/TX subsystems for Spartan-3A

From: Elvis Dowson
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Analog Devices RF RX/TX subsystems for Spartan-3AN FPGA
Date: Fri, 18 Jun 2010 14:08:38 +0400

Hi Jeffrey,
                     I'm reading a book called "RF and Digital Signal
Processing for Software-Defined Radio - Elsevier Newnes - 2009". It seems to
have a good coverage of the theory.

On Jun 18, 2010, at 10:36 AM, Jeffrey Lambert wrote:

> I would recommend characterizing all devices yourself with equipment that has
> been properly and carefully calibrated.

Would this be an oscilloscope and a signal generator, or do I need some more
stuff?

Can you recommend a model that will allow me to characterize devices that
operate in the 80MHz to 2.4GHz range (i.e. FM radio broadcast to WiFi
operation).

> I don't know about Matlab's capabilities, but the approach seems correct.
> What do you mean by "baseband processor"?

By baseband processor, I mean the part that does the actual
demodulation/modulation that is implemented in software/firmware using the
FPGA.

Best regards,

Elvis Dowson