[Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to build gr-wxgui on Mac OS X 10.6.1

From: Bruhtesfa Ebrahim
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Unable to build gr-wxgui on Mac OS X 10.6.1
Date: Sun, 20 Jun 2010 13:38:24 +0200

Hi all,

I am stuck on this problem for long. So,any help will be appreciated.

I am trying to install GnuRadio on Mac OSX 10.6.1 . I have installed the prerequisites including wxWidgets and py26-wxpython using MacPorts. However, gr-wxgui and grc failed to build.  The output lines in ./configure that correspond to this problem are:

checking for Python wxWidgets wrappers >= 2.8... no
checking for Numeric Python extensions... yes
Not building component gr-wxgui.

The problem is a bit similar to the one posted on: http://www.ruby-forum.com/topic/185848#new. The solution suggested for Ubuntu Jaunty was to remove python-wxgtk2.6 and it worked. So, what can I do for MAC OS X 10.6.1 ?

Any suggestions ?

Bruh