Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD CMake error Boost not found

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] UHD CMake error Boost not found
Date: Mon, 28 Jun 2010 14:42:10 -0700

On 06/28/2010 02:14 PM, Criss Swaim wrote:
I am trying to upgrade the USRP2 firmware/fpga and UHD code to the most
current releases.
Fedora 11, 64-bit

After upgrading the firmware/fpga (and before installing the new UHD
code) I can ping the USRP2, but the uhd_find_devices returns 'No USRP found'

I pulled the newest UHD code from the repository and when I run the
cmake ../  - receive an error that the boost libraries cannot be found.
After comparing the CMakelist.txt files between the old and new, the
only difference around the find boost was the new required boost 1.36
and the old required 1.37.  Even after changing the required version to
1.37, the new cmake fails.

When you run cmake try:

cmake -DBOOST_LIBRARYDIR=/usr/lib64 ../

Ive seen this on a few fedora 64 bit machines, but the problem doesnt seem consistent... Anyway, let me know if that fixes it for you.

-Josh

Any suggestions would be appreciated.