[Discuss-gnuradio] Re: On the maximum transmission distance

From: An He
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: On the maximum transmission distance
Date: Tue, 29 Jun 2010 23:54:57 -0400

By the way the VERT400 144MHz, 400 MHz, and 1200 MHz Tri-band 7-inch vertical
antenna is used.

On Tue, Jun 29, 2010 at 10:21 PM, An He <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi,

I am sure someone has tried to find out the maximum transmission distance using USRP2. For example, I am interested in the maximum transmission range in the following setting:

USRP2 with WBX, 400MHz/900MHz, outdoor, los, static, benchmark_tx/benchmark_rx with default except tx_gain=25 (maximum).

We are interested in extending the transmission range by adding external amplifier module. If anyone can share the experience, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
An