Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] set_auto_tr() and set_enable()

From: Thomas Tsou
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] set_auto_tr() and set_enable()
Date: Mon, 2 Aug 2010 11:26:46 -0700

2010/7/30 蒲盟 <address@hidden>:
>   Hi ,
>   I am confued by set_auto_tr() and set_enable(). In my opinion
> set_auto_tr(True) means that if there is something to transmit( something
> sent to the FPGA), the Rx path will be disabled, but if there is nothing
> sent to the FPGA, then the Rx path will be always enabled. On the other
> hand, if set_enable(True) is set, no matter whether there is something or
> not sent to FPGA, the TX path will always be enabled, and Rx path will
> always be disabled. But could set_auto_tr() and set_enable() be both set to
> True? if the answer is YES, what will happen?

If you look at the daughterboard code, you'll find similarities
between the set_auto_tr() and set_enable() calls. Regarding pin
output, the difference is the use of ATR registers versus the normal
IO register; for ATR masked pins, the ATR registers have precedence.
In other words, if set_auto_tr() is set to true, then set_enable()
will have no effect.

  Thomas