[Discuss-gnuradio] USRP, GNU Radio on Windows

From: Florian Eugen
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP, GNU Radio on Windows
Date: Wed, 4 Aug 2010 13:47:18 -0700 (PDT)

Hi,

      I just entered into the world of GNU Radio. I bought an USRP + WBX + LP0410 (400MHz - 1GHz). I managed to install GNU Radio (v. 3.2.2) on a Windows XP SP3 (with MinGW, msys, numpy, wxpython and others), but what to do from now on? What I want to do is: I made some modules (PIC microcontroller + 433.92 MHz transceiver) and I would like to make a basic communication between those modules and the USRP, to send a few bytes, so nothing complicated from modules point of view, the problem is with the USRP and GNU Radio.
    I tried to start example scripts from the gnuradio-examples directory but no success, are not executed, a command line window is opened and it is closed in the same time. Anybody had such kind of problems. Anybody has some advice for a newbee, where to start, a link where is explained step-by-step for those like me what should be done. Till now I have a GNU Radio installed, a USRP connected through USB but how it's connected, what should be the next step. It's hard till I get the idea, how it's working.
    I hope that anybody could help me with only a few ideas, I don't want to bother you with my questions, it's only a small question after GOOGLEing for these informations and not finding anything usable.
    Thank you very much for any answer. I wish everybody a nice day.

Best regards,
USRP, GNU Radio newbee: Florian Eugen