Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] scaling issue on USRP2

From: Johnathan Corgan
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] scaling issue on USRP2
Date: Wed, 18 Aug 2010 17:57:11 -0700

On Sat, Aug 14, 2010 at 18:26, George Nychis <address@hidden> wrote:

However, when I transmit using my scaled signal, I get some major clipping:

Aside from clipping, you are probably seeing some distortion due to non-linearities in the PA of whatever daughterboard you are using.  Depending on your modulation (which looks like OFDM in the screenshot), you'll need to back off the digital amplitude to operate in the linear region of the PA to avoid this.  It's specific to the card and modulation in use, but typically about 10-15 dB back off is required.

And yes, you should take into consideration the abs(complex) value.

Johnathan