Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Installation

From: Marcus D. Leech
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] USRP2 Installation
Date: Wed, 25 Aug 2010 18:51:43 -0400

> Hello all,
>
> I am new to the USRP2. I know with the USRP1, all I had to do was plug
> the USB cable into a linux machine and everything was ready to go.
>
> Is the same true with USRP2? I see posts talking about SD cards and
> writing data to it?
>
> Are there any other installation steps for the USRP2 besides just
> plugging the USB cable in?
>
> Jonathan

It depends on which daughtercards you're using.

The "as shipped from the factory" SD card supports the "raw ethernet"
protocol stack, and everything but the XCVR2450 and WBX cards.

If you have a DBS_RX, you'll need to modify slightly to work with the USRP2:

http://gnuradio.org/redmine/wiki/1/USRP2DBSRXModification

If you have a WBX or XCVR daughtercard, you'll need different firmware,
which you can find here:

http://code.ettus.com/redmine/ettus/projects/public/wiki/U2binaries

--
Marcus Leech