[Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio + UHD install

From: Marc Epard
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] GNU Radio + UHD install
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 13:00:46 -0500

Yesterday I did a ground-up install of GNU Radio for UHD. Since all the steps were kind of scattered around various websites and list posts, I thought I'd post them all in one place. Hopefully this'll make it easier for the next guy. This was on Ubuntu 10.04. You'll need all the prerequisites (e.g. cmake) first, of course. Corrections are welcome.

mkdir ~/gnuradio-uhd
cd ~/gnuradio-uhd

cd ~/gnuradio-uhd/uhd/host/
mkdir build
cd build
cmake ../
make
make test
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

cd ~/gnuradio-uhd/gnuradio
git branch --track next origin/next
git checkout next

./bootstrap

PKG_CONFIG_PATH=~/gnuradio-uhd/uhd/host/build/
export PKG_CONFIG_PATH
./configure --enable-gr-uhd

make
make check
sudo make install
sudo ldconfig

sudo ifconfig eth0 192.168.10.1 # substitute eth0 with the appropriate device.

I used the GUI System->Preference->Network Connections to make the network setting permanent.