Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Proper method to update GnuRadio

From: Josh Blum
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Proper method to update GnuRadio
Date: Wed, 01 Dec 2010 21:33:18 -0500

On 12/01/2010 09:20 PM, madengr wrote:

> Is this the proper procedure to update and re-build the GnuRadio source?  I'm
> using the next branch:
>
> sudo make uninstall
> make clean

if you want it super clean you can do

git clean -dfx
./bootstrap && ./configure

> git pull
> ./configure
> make
> make check
> sudo make install

looks right

> I'd rather not uninstall before I have a successful build; maybe I don't
> have to.  I tried make current, but there was no target for current.

Usually its ok to install on top of the old install (as long as you dont
change the install prefix);

> Should I rebuild GnuRadio if I updated and rebuild the UHD from Ettus?

Yes, its good practice to rebuild gnuradio (or at least gr-uhd) after
rebuilding UHD. Its good to do in case there are ABI changes.