RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] dial_tone.py add_ff()

From: Tim S
Subject: RE: [Discuss-gnuradio] dial_tone.py add_ff()
Date: Sat, 4 Dec 2010 19:07:37 -0500

> The intention of the original example was to play the two tones on
> separate speakers (left and right). Might not work on
> all sound systems/configurations.

Thanks for clarifying this, apparently my speakers weren't balanced (had left only) hence the different sounds when swapping sources.  I had also incorrectly assumed that dial_tone.py was set up the same as the GRC example which uses an adder.  Once I fixed my speakers though everything worked out, I probably spent over two hours just adding different saw-tooth, square and triangle waves together and messing with the frequency sliders.

Cheers,
-Tim