[Discuss-gnuradio] Flowgraph stop execution when changing sample rate of

From: Alexandru Csete
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] Flowgraph stop execution when changing sample rate of uhd_single_usrp_source
Date: Sun, 5 Dec 2010 14:17:19 +0100

Greetings,

Yesterday I updated my gnuradio/next and UHD installations to:
UHD_0001.20101204162446.a51fb2e
v3.3.1git-322-ge92f2cb6

I noticed that when changing USRP sample rates using
uhd_single_usrp_source the flowgraph will suspend execution and CPU
load drops to 0.
The flowgraph is still alive in the sense that it is responsive to UI
commands and sometimes even resumes execution for 5-10 seconds then
stops again. No error message appears in the terminal.

The previous versions I have installed don't have this problem:
UHD_0001.20101124180824.2568efd
v3.3.1git-227-gb245c628

I also tried the combination UHD_0001.20101124180824.2568efd +
v3.3.1git-322-ge92f2cb6 and it also has this problem which lead me to
suspect gr-uhd rather than uhd.

I am using USRP1 and this happens with both WBX and RFX2400.
My application is written in Python and Qt, though I don't think that
makes any difference because I can reproduce it even with the simplest
GRC flowgraph (attached). The major difference is that my application
uses gr.top_block.lock() and unlock() when changing sample rate and
doing some other reconfiguration, and this is probably why the
flowgraph sometimes resumes execution for a few seconds.

Let me know if any other info or testing is needed.

Alex