[Discuss-gnuradio] using signals in flowgraphs

From: Steve Mcmahon
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] using signals in flowgraphs
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 11:28:24 -0800 (PST)

Hello:

I have a USRP2 + WBX running with GNU Radio 3.3.0 on openSUSE 11.2.

In my flowgraph, I am trying to create a timer that will call a function
periodically, say every 200ms. This function would dynamically change some
parameters of my flowgraph, such as the frequency or amplitude of a Signal
Source.

I setup a timer using signals (SIGALRM) in my flowgraph, and the code runs, but
my signal handler never seems to be called, and my tone's frequency and
amplitude never change. Can you use signals inside a flowgraph? Should I not be
using signals to do this? Should I use a separate thread instead?

Thanks for your help.

Steve McMahon