Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to register mods/demods

From: Ben Reynwar
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] How to register mods/demods
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2010 11:23:32 -0700

When the file in which you define you mod/demod is imported the
mod/demod will the registered so it's just a case of making sure it
gets imported somewhere.

The mod/demods that come with gnuradio are registered when
gnuradio.blks2 is imported.  This doesn't happen explicitly in
benchmark_tx.py so presumably one of the modules the benchmark imports
imports blks2.

To make sure your mod/demods get registered the easiest way would be
to import the file where you define them directly into
benchmark_tx.py.  Alternately you could place the file in the
blks2impl directory (and the Makefile.am there) so that they will be
imported with the ones that come with gnuradio.

Ben