[Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_loopback.py in discontinuous mode results i

From: Kyle Zhou
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] benchmark_loopback.py in discontinuous mode results in transmission errors
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 10:24:07 +1100

I am playing with benchmark_loopback.py.
For continuous mode, it seems ok except the first packet is erroneous, which I assume is due to initial state of the receiver.

But for discontinuous mode, I found most of the packets are in errors.

I used default values for all parameters.

Does that mean the demod cannot synchronize to the received signal quickly enough? So for each burst of 5 packets, the first few packets are incorrect due to slow synchronization? However, according to the output, the error pattern seems random, not necessary the first few of each burst.

I tried benchmark_qt_loopback2.py, which hangs up after transmitting 5 packets (dead lock?)

This really confuses me. Is it bug or something else?

Kyle