Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with 192KHz sampling rate on alsa source

From: ikjtel
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Problem with 192KHz sampling rate on alsa source
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2010 17:24:42 -0800 (PST)

Hello Marcus

Have you tried using the native 'arecord' command ?

This may help isolate whether it's in GR's audio source or what...

Also look within 'alsamixer' for any odd little switches etc

Also, there's a possibility that 192K might only be supported with restrictions
(mono only or s-INT16 only or something)...

Additionally, try the 96K rate to see if at least it will go that high.

I've also seen other weird things with sound cards such as a 90 degree phase
delay between the two channels - with the same exact signal connected to both L
and R inputs.

> Do I have to do anything special to pulseaudio configuration
> to get support for the 192KHz rate?

Not experienced with pulseaudio, but it appears to be a userspace tool - as is
GR - suggest that you initially bypass/disable it entirely to prove/disprove
whether 192k works natively (or not) first......

Best Regards

Max