[Discuss-gnuradio] why there is a requirement of adc_model.v in usrp2 ?

From: anirudh2059.
Subject: [Discuss-gnuradio] why there is a requirement of adc_model.v in usrp2 ?
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2010 21:06:32 -0800 (PST)

Hi,

I am working on my college project (usrp2). I am trying to analyze some of
the FPGA codes and I came across a code for adc i.e. adc_model.v . (
/usrp2/models). My question is if I am using an external ADC (LTC 2284) then
why is it required to design a model for adc?

pls note:- I am a new bee in usrp2. Sorry for posting such a silly question
:confused: