Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: How the valve block works

From: Don Ward
Subject: Re: [Discuss-gnuradio] Re: How the valve block works
Date: Sat, 8 Jan 2011 21:35:01 -0500

Patrick Strasser wrote:

schrieb Josh Blum am 2011-01-08 05:29:

Just found out that the selector block fits my requirements much better.
But do I have the same behaviour here again?

The valve is implemented with the selector.

Thanks.

What would be the best way to disable a branch of the flow graph, so
that the disabled path is stopped/starved/drained/disabled? I do not
care too much about stale data in buffers, I just want to get rid of the
unnecessary processing power that is consumed by the path branch. If
this is not possible in grc, I'd take the generated source and modify
it, no big deal.

Could you use a non-blocking message sink and a separate flow graph that takes input from a message source and is started and stopped as needed ?

-- Don W.